Monday, August 9, 2010

ENCOUNTERS







In the office where I work, dear
The receptionist greets with feigned cheer
Scheme and use, please, butter
Looks done up but smiles insincere. 






Mingle with millions in the evening
Gloom laughing in their little things
Worried women spent early
Come alive to probes horny 
In bus crowded, life lost in routine
Chattering of times, empty within.






Dinner in restaurant beside four toughies
Robbers, murderers slyeyes locking as if ... ?






Outside, the swooning moon, below neon lights
Pimps sneak up and a woman matches my strides
Bust heaving, smile non - Duchenne, talks wish - wash
I buy not, but wait to pay for chips, nuts n other trash




She's hungry ... we walk, till she suggests 
And I quote too low, tongue in cheek, abuses I accept 
Glad to have bought the night for myself
My joy, free space, and the book still open on the bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment