Thursday, August 12, 2010

O' CALCUTTA !







'Tis late afternoon when the day ends
Depths peculiar play on walls splashed golden
The breeze hugs our faces, clear iridescent
And shadows mild dance, hue fringed russet




With mottled trees in eye, heart on being set
The sea I pass by, to men waiting helpless
Collide with woman half - clad, seemed insane
And glance back, right into her grin unrestrained



With goose bumps I shiver, transfixed in the moment
Happy and free her look, commune in pure presence
Resume quick to walk away, then I happen to check
My own half - grin response, amused some yards late !






On the foot - board, above the ground racing by
My feet nudge deeper while I hang for my life
Arms numb, clenched about a column for support
Molars crush on fear as swerves threaten to smote




I choke on my screams, urging halt and help
But the bus would not nor the burden relent
Distress momenting precarious, howls silent
When sight rests on a smile, calm windswept
Eyes half closed, same body aslant in threat ...




Thank heavens, I pray on speed and take heart
From comrade cool, with our unbalanced start.



No comments:

Post a Comment