Wednesday, March 24, 2010

VOW IN FETTERS

























Today I chose to skip the ancient practice
That faith without love, unwanted service
The rituals, dos and donts, masters advise
It's me I know who'll now on pay the price


The burden sends me trundling in black tunnels
I struggle to seize the gray, any, heaven sent
Vowing yet that moment with vengeance
To live by knowledge alone, be the witness


Glad, the act equal to fetters binding
Poised, ground solid, sun smiling ...


Stop, I say ! 
Rejoice not, for life's surprises
The mind consents to, prepares
Lingering but under the archway


And is promptly hurled
Through series rapidly voluting
Terms, thoughts, forms and feeling
Appearances, desires and despised routine


Acts of habit, wants, flesh and money ...


Each day transient, comes vague
Nothing of worth you anticipate
Empty core, hopeless mundane


Waiting to hear and to know
That calling ... I could seize my soul !




The diseased body no longer defends
Dark acrank, generates insufficient
Stuck dead in moral marshlands
Inter galactic being, blackened


Swishing with Einstein's limiting speeds
Into cloudy bands where minds bleed
The spirit taut, struck within
Yields revelations ill fulfilling
Stubbing senses they overbrim


Truths coloured, unblessed, justice thin


The running tap unnerves me
My intellect is unsounding
Lifeless now just waiting


For start sudden, conquering ...


But the ego coiled up proudly thrusts
Thoughts aside, feelings on the lurch
In throbs peaking at my temples
Wrecked mind, acts corrupting


Wracked breathless, drained coughing
Prisoner licentious, ambitious victim ...




Clear, late morning winter delights
Mellow sun warm, live on lazy cats 
Still in bed, unsure, spent on view
Clean yet rings of discordant cues


Chasing vivid the shapely behind
Weakened body and crippled mind
Start of lust, sweet tinge remind :


" O Youth sensitive, do not possess.
  It possesses in turn, sages assess."


Strange world, its stranger ways
Mirage like, covering its ugliness
Roles, then reversed, of give n take
'Tis alley blind in which I now wait


For a burst of shine on cold dunes
Gladness, flowers and folk tunes ...


But surroundings unfamiliar divorce 
The paths I take to are not mine
The dilemma is still not my first
Of obstacles many in my stride.

No comments:

Post a Comment