Tuesday, July 27, 2010

THE PAGAN SOUL





It all began early but in immediate context
The vocation chose me ere I could assent
And so got trained at which I wished no part
To meanings and lures ...  so little, so short




My lifelong wager thence began
To keep out the money from what I am
As had been when I was born
And shall be when I'm dead and gone




I'd earn to live, yea, to fulfill the needs
But with mind turned in, on the spirit 
Being Being ...  unpropped, supporting 
Taking little, at peace and witnessing




Yea, I was rebuffed for being 'thout ambition
Hence roved places, from one job to another
Suspect enough in the eyes of my employers
But " unstable, unwise " meant nothing here




Unpawned I moved, 'twas fearlessness they feared
Refused their wile and vile, and would never veer
For they held naught I wanted, antipathy obvious
To organised hierarchies, fools, lackeys and lords 




It's time now, to move on
My woman's troubled, I look beyond
The physical uprooting, the unsettled heath
At the little boy, glad real, his undisguised glee




Laughing, happy, forward looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment